FOTD | Berry Lips and Olive Green Eyes

Saturday 21 February 2015


BASE
To prime, I used my all time favourite Professional by Benefit, I tend to have quite visible pores but this thankfully makes them disappear. On top I used the foundation of the moment, the Nars Sheer Glow (full review here) as I was going for quite a dewy, medium coverage. I applied it with the Tarte Buffer Airbrush Finish Foundation brush, it is so dense so it really works the foundation into the skin as I find the Sheer Glow takes quite a while to blend. To conceal my awful under eye circles, I used the Collection Lasting Perfecting concealer in light. It does its best to cover them but I still have yet to master how to get them fully covered up. To set everything I put the Rimmel Stay Matte on my T zone and under my eyes. If anyone has any powder recommendations please let me know, I have never branched out and as my Stay Matte is coming to an end I would love to try something new! For brows I used my Soap and Glory Brow Archery as I do everyday.

CHEEKS
As I have been wearing fake tan the last few days, I needed to add that bit of warmth to my face with my favourite bronzer from the Sleek Contour Kit. I applied it on my temples, down the side of my face and on my neck with a big fluffy brush. To contour, I used the same bronzer with possibly my most exciting purchase of the month, the Real Techniques 301 Flat Contour Brush! It is part of the Bold Metals Collection so it's a new release and from the first time I saw it I couldn't wait to buy it. It was my first time ever using it, but it fit perfectly into the hollows of my cheeks and I am so glad I took the plunge and bought it. As we move swiftly onto blush I have a confession, I'm really not that into blush. I have a total of two blushes and I only use one of them, which is Peachtwist by MAC so I am in desperate need of blush recommendations so please leave your favourites below! Moving on to highlighter, I used my all time favourite highlighter, the MSF in Soft and Gentle by MAC.

EYES
From reading this segment it is very apparent that I have a thing for MAC eye products, eyeshadows in particular! To prime my eyes I used the MAC paint pot in Bare Study which is a shimmery, champagne colour. I always use this to prime my eyes as it is really build-able and when I use it I find my eyeshadow stays put a lot longer. Over that I used the colour Retro Speck as it is a very similar colour. Through my crease I put my favourite colour at the moment, Sumptuous Olive. It is a beautiful olive green colour which can look bronze with a green tint when applied. This is a really easy way to incorporate more colour into your eyeshadow and as it is such a versatile shade, it can be worked into so many looks. To define my eyes a bit more I applied Coquette, a matte, cool toned, medium brown shade and added some Sumptuous Olive underneath my eye. For eyeliner, I put a thin line of the L'Oreal Superliner on my upper lash line with the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara on my eyelashes. 

LIPS
Possibly my favourite product from this whole look, I wore the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107. If you read my recent post about all of the drugstore items I can't live without you will have seen that this got a mention. As you can see it is a gorgeous berry shade and it such good quality for the price.

I hope you enjoyed this FOTD and don't forget to leave some of your recommendations below!





No comments:

Post a Comment