Let's Discuss EYELASH EXTENSIONS

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Eyelash extensions have been around for years and are no secret in the beauty industry. In the last few months I have seen more and more people get them and have always been so tempted to do it myself. What was holding me back? Well first of all the cost, as a student who is currently saving for my trip to America this summer along with only working 12 hours a week it just wasn't feasible. Second of all I was worried about who to go to, after scouring Facebook and Instagram pages of lash technicians based in Dublin I just couldn't find someone who did them the way I wanted. 

Fast forward to about a month ago when I had two weeks off from college, I was working a lot more hours and my birthday was fast approaching. While scrolling through Instagram one day I came across True Lash Extensions Dublin's Instagram page and she provided lashes EXACTLY how I wanted so I decided to write to Louise, the owner, and make an appointment on a whim.
SO WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions is a practice used to lengthen and add volume to your eyelashes by placing extensions on each individual lash. There are several different types however I got synthetic mink lashes, which were individually glued on to each of my eyelashes. Naturally your lashes go through a cycle which lasts about 6-8 weeks and we lose approximately 3 lashes a day so after about two to three weeks you notice thinning, thats when it is time to get them refilled!

WHAT DOES THE PROCESS ENTAIL?
You have to lie down with your eyes closed for about one to two hours depending on your lashes while the technician glues the extensions on to each lash. 

MY EXPERIENCE
When I got my lashes done I talked to my technician about what I wanted and she applied both C and D curls to my lashes which I loved. When I left she gave me a leaflet about how to care for my lashes as well as a little spooley that I could use to comb them through. Initially it is a weird feeling having long lashes but after a few days you get used to them and forget you even have them on. For me they started thinning out in the week before I got them done but I think they could have lasted longer if only I took care of them better. A few careless times taking off my makeup and touching them too much may have resulted in them falling out quicker. All in all though I'm so happy with them and I'm hooked!

TIPS& ADVICE
  • Don't use waterproof mascara and in my opinion, don't use mascara at all! (only on your bottom lashes if needed)
  • Avoid touching or rubbing your lashes.
  • Comb through your lashes every morning and evening.
  • Don't use oil based products around the eyes.
  • Don't use eyelash curlers.
  • DO YOUR RESEARCH! Don't just go to a lash technician because they're cheap, have a look on their Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, everywhere! Look at photos and reviews of their work because you should go to someone who listens to you and provides you with the look you want.
I went to Louise from True Skin Lash Dublin who is based in Stepaside just off the M50. Be sure to check her out on Facebook and Instagram if you're based in Dublin and are looking for your lashes done, she knows her stuff and she's lovely!

I have made a Facebook page for my blog so feel free to follow me there if you're interested!

Have you ever gotten eyelash extensions?






1 comment:

  1. A few careless times taking off my makeup and touching them too much may have resulted in them falling out quicker. All in all though I'm so happy with them and I'm hooked! minibus hire sheffield
    minibus hire crewe
    minibus hire slough
    minibus hire norwich
    minibus hire cardiff

    ReplyDelete