New in Beauty Bits | Reviews & Swatches

Monday 25 January 2016

Hello everyone!
Today I thought I'd come to you and give my thoughts and opinions of some beauty products I have collected over the last month or so. After giving my first impressions and reviews of some new luxury skincare items I received (see that post here), I said why not do a makeup version?! I have been trying these products out during my very exciting study breaks and library trips lately, lets just say my life gets wild when it comes to this time of year thanks to exams and essays!

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Champagne Pop
If you read my Sephora Haul, you would know that a few months ago I made a Sephora order mainly to get this product. Unfortunately the highlighter didn't actually arrive despite it being on the receipt  however the Sephora staff were very helpful and gave me a refund. Despite getting my refund I was devastated that I didn't get it however my gal Lizzy surprised me with it for Christmas! I wouldn't touch it for so long because it was just so pretty but once I did there was no stopping me. This is an amazing gold, warmer toned highlight that is so finely milled! I'm sure you're sick of hearing about this so I won't ramble on but if you can get your hands on it, get it, you won't be disappointed!

Flawless Bronzer/ Blush Brush*
After being gifted this at a Flormar event I couldn't wait to try it. Over the last while I have been becoming increasingly sick of my bronzer brush, it is just too big and fluffy! I wanted something more defined and just a brush that I could have more control with. I never thought of using a flat topped kabuki style brush for bronzer but let me tell you, it works. It applies the right amount of bronzer which enables me to build it up if I want.  

UD x Gwen Eyeshadow Palette
Ooh this palette is a good 'un. After being gifted it for Christmas I can safely say it is one of, if not my favourite palette of all time. The warm toned matte browns (Anaheim & Zone) are my favourites and most used in the palette and I love using the shade Punk to add some colour and deepen up my crease. I really like their selection of lid colours and highlights too, there is a colour for every eye look. As all of the Urban Decay eyeshadows, they are buttery and blend so well on the lids, this palette has a thumbs up from me! I also can't wait to get a closer look at all of the new products from the UD x Gwen collection which will be out very soon.

MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in High Drama
I feel like the release of the liquid lipsticks from MAC was very under promoted, I didn't hear about them until they were out a few days! However, once I saw the swatch of 'High Drama' I knew I had to get my hands on it. First of all the price, €28? Even for MAC I thought that was a bit steep! I really like the applicator as it allows you to get a precise application onto the lips. The colour takes about two layers to build it up however once applied it doesn't take too long to dry matte compared to some other liquid lipsticks that I own. It ends up being a really deep berry shade, a bit darker than Glastonberry by Charlotte Tilbury which means it's probably more suited for nights out rather than the day time. I haven't got to test its lasting power but I will keep you all updated.

Have you tried any new makeup products lately? I really want to get my hands on some more!

Bloglovin / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment