New in Luxury Skincare | Reviews & First Impressions

Monday 4 January 2016

Recently I have wanted to up my skin care game, I have always taken care of my skin and I hope it'll benefit me in the long run.. Luckily enough, both Santa and my best friend Lizzy got the memo of me attempting to invest in my skin so over the last few weeks I have accumulated a whole bunch of new products to try out.


After hearing loads about this, I decided to take a break from my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and try this out. While I was in M&S a few weeks before Christmas during the 20% off weekend I spotted this mini version on the shelf and I just couldn't pass it up. After using the whole tub (which took quicker than I expected) I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. I really like the cloth that comes with it and I quite like the idea of the balm turning into a milk which you massage into your skin however it can get pretty messy. My main problem with this product was that after I started using it, my normal to oily skin started to get really dry patches in really random places on my face. If anyone knows why this may have happened please let me know but for the moment, its a thumbs down from me!

Another product that I spotted in M&S however it was sold out so I headed straight home and ordered it online. So far I really like it, it seems like it's doing the job of toning my face without being too harsh which I like. 

First of all, shoutout to Santa for this one, there is no way I could justify purchasing this one for myself. The first thing I noticed about the product was how small it was, for the price I thought you would get a bit more product! When your applying it, the oil goes everywhere but I'm sure practice will sort that out soon enough. As for the oil, it feels so luxurious on the skin, I love it! The next day my face was glowing and looked great.

KIEHLS ULTRA FACIAL CREAM
Lizzy got me this for Christmas as she new I was on the hunt for a new moisturiser (thanks hun)! Let me tell you, I'm in love with this product, hands down the best moisturiser I have ever tried. It even sorted out my pesky dry patches caused by the Emma Hardy Cleansing Balm.. It is really thick so I tend to use quite a bit of it when I'm applying it, hopefully it doesn't run out too soon!

GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUD TINGLEXFOLIATE TREATMENT
Shoutout to Lizzy for this gem too! This is a really luxurious face mask from Glam Glow- a brand that is raved about online. As I didn't do any research on this mask before using it (to be honest I didn't even read the name) I whacked it on and hoped that it would live up to the Glam Glow hype! Initially it was really tingly and the beads were a bit harsh, which I didn't expect (if I had only read the name haha). However after I washed it off my face felt AMAZING. To be honest I don't even want to look at the price tag because I may just have to purchase it when I run out.


Have you tried any of these products? What is currently on your skincare wishlist?!

Bloglovin / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment