Money Saving Tips& Tricks

Monday 16 March 2015


As a student, money seems to fly out of your purse without you even knowing. Luckily I have a job, an income that I don't know what I would do without anymore. I'm currently saving for a car and a trip to Florida, both very expensive things so today I thought I'd share with you how I save my money.

Create a Savings Account
This is one that really works for me. Whenever I get paid, I take the majority of the money out of my bank account and put it straight into a savings account. As it is harder to access, you'll be less likely to reach for the money on an everyday basis. When you don't have the money on your debit card and you see something you want, you have the time to wait until your next paycheque to really consider if you want the item, it helps cut out impulse buys! Lets be honest, if you leave all of your money and let it build up on your debit card, you'll buy all of them clothes that you don't really need on ASOS!

Budget
Budgeting is key. For me, due to the nature of my work I get tips. The tips that I get, gets me through the week for nights out, food, etc. and as a result I don't need to access my debit card. If this isn't the case for you, on payday take out a certain amount of money and try your hardest not to go over it.

Food, Food, Food
If I'm honest, food is where the majority of my money goes. Buying my lunch and eating out although doesn't look like much at the time, all adds up. By bringing a packed lunch and eating whats in the fridge, you really save your money. I know nothing beats the handiness of a Dominos on a Friday night, but think of all the lovely things you can get instead!

Thanks for reading and please leave your money saving tips in the comments, I would love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment