Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Review

Thursday 19 March 2015


Concealers are that one thing you need in your makeup collection and once I find a good one I tend to stick to it. I find it very hard to find one that actually meets my needs- a very high coverage concealer (damn you under eye circles) that doesn't crease is quite hard to come by.

When I was in London a few months ago I was drawn to the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer and had planned to buy it in the airport on the way home. Unfortunately as it was getting late, the staff at the makeup counters were nowhere to be found so I decided to leave it and get it another time. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when Lizzy and I were going through her makeup collection and she came across a spare one. She offered to give it to me and I jumped at the chance to try it.

So am I glad I didn't buy it at the airport?! YES.

I was initially drawn to this concealer as it was a slight salmon colour which counteracts under eye circles, a feature that my current concealer lacked. This turned out to be the only part of the product that I actually liked because it did (slightly) do the job. I found this product to be too cakey, it was very hard to blend under my eyes. When I dabbed it under my eyes I couldn't get over how heavy it was and when it eventually blended out I wasn't blown away by the coverage. It needs to be set too or else it will crease. I generally just set my whole face makeup with the Rimmel Stay Matte but this product needs an extra amount.

I'm overall very disappointed with this product and would not recommend it as an under eye concealer.

Have you ever tried this concealer? If so what did you think because I have heard some people rave about it?!


Bloglovin / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment