Amsterdam Photo Diary

Friday 11 September 2015

A few weeks ago, I jetted off to the beautiful city of Amsterdam for two nights. As it was a city that I had never visited before, I couldn't wait to get out and explore. It is a gorgeous city filled with canals, stunning architecture and plenty to do. 

THINGS TO DO
-Heineken Experience
-Rent a peddle boat
-The Ice Bar
-The Van Gough Museum
-Rent a bike- it is so nice to cycle around the canals and do some exploring! It was so cheap to rent the bikes and such a handy way to get around and experience the city. Just to note you must give a deposit on the bikes, if you bring your passport it was €50 each I believe however it can be even more expensive with just a drivers licence.

FOOD
Cafe De Jaren
We went here for dinner one of the nights and it was so nice. We went when it was dark and sat on the terrace overlooking the city- I would really recommend it!

THINGS TO NOTE
Book the Anne Frank Museum in advance, and I mean way in advance! As soon as you book the trip, book tickets. I went to book tickets over a month in advance and they were sold out until October. We attempted to queue one morning but after arriving ten minutes before it opened the queue was already four hours long.. It is safe to say we weren't waiting around which is such a shame as it was something I really wanted to do. 

Have you ever been to Amsterdam? What was your favourite thing about it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment