Dark Nude Lips

Wednesday 18 November 2015

One lip trend that I didn't think I would like was the Kylie Jenner, dark nude lip. I just saw her huge, overdrawn botox lips and I was immediately turned off it (I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan!) until I got my hands on Whirl lipstick. 
I got the lipstick as I was in Florida when the new matte collection was released and I just wanted to try something new. I have yet to find a lighter nude lip that suits me- even Creme Cup by MAC doesn't suit! There was so much hype around Whirl lipliner that I saw loads of people wear it and it looked amazing on them so I said I'd pick it up.. I haven't looked back, I love it! 

Since Whirl lipstick I have picked up several more lip shades along the same lines so today I thought I would share them with you.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick // Lolita
Lolita is the must have Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. I knew I wanted to pick one up so when I did my research it seemed to be the one that everyone was raving about. This shade is the darkest of all my dark nude lip colours being the least wearable during the day in my opinion. The lasting power of this is what makes it stand out, it doesn't budge! Honestly you can eat, drink and it will still last all night.

MAC// Spice lip pencil
Ooh I love a good lip pencil. I pair this lip pencil under Whirl and it is such a good match. Even though it is super drying, I am glad I got it. 

Too Faced // Chihuahua 
Chihuahua is a the lightest of the bunch but a beautiful shade. It has more of a peachy undertone, which I didn't think would initially suit me but I absolutely love it. Something I don't love is the applicator, it is like a sponge which I find to be a bit messy and easy to over apply the product. As the rest of the lip products I mentioned above, it dries matte, a preference for me, and doesn't budge!

Do you like the dark nudes trend? What is your favourite dark nude lip colour?!


No comments:

Post a Comment