The Winter Beauty Edit

Thursday 3 December 2015

YAY FOR DECEMBER! As the countdown to Christmas is well and truly underway, I though I'd share with you my go to winter makeup look.

//BASE
Starting off with the base, I like to prime my skin with the Porefessional primer by Benefit. In terms of primers I really need to branch out, I feel like I have been using this for years and haven't tried and tested any more! If you have any recommendations please leave them below. Next on to my new favourite product, the Tarte Coloured Clay CC Undereye Corrector. Let me tell you, if you have never tried a corrector, put one on your Christmas list because they seriously change up your under eye area if you have a problem with dark circles! This is a peach toned cream which gives a decent amount of coverage along with counteracting the awful blue and purple tones under my eyes.. Its amazing! When I'm chosing my foundation during the Winter I tend to gravitate towards medium/ full coverage with a matte finish. A perfect, cheaper foundation option would be the Covergirl 3-in-1 which I applied with a Beauty Blender because I wanted to save my beloved MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The Covergirl foundation literally lasts all day so pick it up if you ever get the chance. Concealer wise, I always wear my MAC Pro Longwear for a much brighter and even more concealed undereye area! To set it all I use my trusty Make Up Forever HD Powder and for brows I have been loving my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown.

//CHEEKS
Contouring has become my new favourite step in my makeup routine thanks to the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour palette! I bronze with the bottom left shade with a big fluffy brush on my cheeks, temples and down my neck. For contouring, I use the middle shade on the bottom with my Zoeva 110 Face Shape brush which is the perfect shape to (attempt to) chisel out them cheek bones! On to blush I love cracking out my MAC blush in Peachtwist during this time of year, it is a peachy berry shade with some shimmer but gives a really subtle glow to the cheeks. For a light highlight I love using the top shade called 'Heaven' in the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette.

//EYES
I like to wear warm brown tones through my crease keeping it really simple! My go-to colours are Naked and Buck from the Naked Palette or Nudie, Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie from the Too Faced Natural eyes palette. For an intense inner corner highlight I love MAC's Nylon. It is so bright I love it!! I love to focus on the lashes so I love wearing the Ardell Natural 100 lashes- perfect natural looking lashes. I have used the Benefit Roller Lash to blend my own lashes in with the falsies. 

//LIPS
My favourite part of the whole look! Charlotte Tilbury's Glastonberry is part of the Revolutionary Matte Lipstick range and is to die for. It is a gorgeous dark berry shade, perfect for this time of year. I can't wait to pick up some more shades from this line as it is such an amazing formula, Red Carpet Red and Love Liberty look beautiful!

Thanks for reading, what is your favourite Winter lip colour?!




No comments:

Post a Comment