Tarte Coloured Clay Undereye Corrector | Review

Thursday 12 November 2015

Correctors are one of them products that you don't know you need until you have one. I have talked about my dire under eye circles on the blog before so I'll spare you today but lately correctors have really changed my makeup game.

Before recently, not even my favourite, highest coverage concealer, MAC's Pro Long Wear could cover the bags (yep, they're awful). However adding just a tiny bit of corrector underneath changes everything. I had Erase Paste by Benefit for ages which worked really well but as it was a shade too dark I had to be sparing with it. I got the chance to make a Sephora order a few weeks ago (see the post here) so I picked up the Tarte Coloured Clay Under Eye Corrector on a whim, boy am I happy I did!


The consistency of the product is creamy and really hydrating under the eyes. I got the lightest shade Light/ Medium, which I had suspicions it would be too dark however it works perfectly. If you have very fair skin this won't be the product for you but otherwise it would suit. In my opinion the colour range is really lacking, it only has two shades and lets be honest, they aren't going to suit everyone! When I use this product I instantly look more awake and as it is so natural, it doesn't look like I'm making a huge effort to cover my dark circles. As the product is so creamy you have to set it, I can't imagine it would work well without a powder. As for lasting power, it needs to be topped up halfway through the day but it doesn't bother me if it keeps my under eyes looking bright.

Overall I'm sure you could find a better corrector, but this is definitely the best one I have tried and it is a product that I am not leaving out of my makeup routine!

Do you use correctors? If so, which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment