Algorithms & Why Bloggers Hate Them

Monday 6 March 2017

Algorithm, one of those words that give me slight PTSD (thanks to first year computer Science) and needless to say it is one that bloggers just don't get on with.




You may hear us all go on about sharing our content on various platforms and asking everyone to like their pictures.. Why is that you may ask? Yep it's thanks to algorithms that social media platforms put into play in order to get the most meaningful and best personally tailored content for each user.. 

The first major change that came about was Instagram's change from showing posts in chronological order to showing the posts that you interact with the most, first. This caused outrage within the blogger community, understandably, as the old way allowed us to be shown to a wider audience and not just the one Instagram has chosen for us..

It's not just Instagram, it happens on Facebook too and it can be very frustrating at times.

When you have put so much work into a blog post and say have 500 odd likes on Facebook, sometimes the reach can be as bad as 15 people despite it being the prime time when my audience is active. The higher your number of followers, the less likely you're content will be seen in proportion generally.. It can be a little disheartening to say the least.

Any blogger will know, that blogging can be difficult, it is a 24/7 job that has gotten quite a bad rep in the past. That said however I fecking love it and wouldn't have it any other way and by staying true to yourself, and not trying to do shady things to get followers, it can be the most rewarding and enjoyable hobby out there.

Let's just talk about this outfit for a moment. Topshop was once my one true love in life but in recent months, I have just moved on. Don't get me wrong, it still is probably one of my favourite shops to wander around and have a browse but the trend pieces are just wildly out of budget for this broke little student. That being said, I couldn't resist this white jumper that I saw, the sleeves are just to die for. I paired them with my ripped Joni jeans and these new black boots (you just can't have enough right?) that are actually on sale at the moment! I threw on these new Penney's sunnies (absolute favs) and my Penney's belt which is looking very worse for wear these days haha.


Well I hope you enjoyed this little post and got a better insight to the little world of blogging! Make sure to check out my social media below and give them a follow if you are any way interested. Have a fab day.


No comments:

Post a Comment