So what are you doing with your life?

Tuesday 28 February 2017


 A question I'm posed with all too often these days..

With my final weeks of University snapping up fast, it is the first time in my life where I haven't had a plan. The education system is all I know, it's a system that I have been in for as long as I can remember and the idea of being out on my own it very damn overwhelming. 

I touched on this in my previous post, Final Year Stress & How I Stay Organised and its true, it's SO stressful. On top of the mountain of work we have to do, we have the added pressure of trying to figure out what we have to do with ourselves and the rest of our lives and being questioned by everyone else about it. Not that I am giving out about people asking, to be honest I'd be asking the same question myself!

The reality of it all is, I don't need to know what I'm doing. There are so many options and even though I don't know what one to take right now, it'll all fall into place eventually. For God's sake I'm 20 years old, I'll be 21 when I graduate, I can do anything I want. 

I recently got offered a place to do a masters, in a subject that I'm not fully invested in and I don't really know if it is what I want to do. This is the first time in my life that I don't have a plan and it is terrifying me.

I have so many options, too many options.
Do I travel?
Work towards a graduate visa in the US?
Do the masters?
Try find a proper job?

That's why I'm not really a fan of the question 'so what's next for you?' Although it looks like everyone has their shit together, they really don't, for the most part, we are all in the same boat. My friend Emer recently wrote a post that really made me realise this, as she discussed her 'Quarter Life Crisis' and the doubt she feels in herself and her future. I don't think we're expected to know what to do next, we're just so young. When you think about it, even putting down a course on your CAO when you're just 17 or 18 is ridiculous! 

So whatever situation you're in, whatever age you are, just know.. Nobody knows what their doing so just work hard and wing it, everything will fall into place.

Let me know your thoughts on my social media channels, linked below!

Jeans / Bag / Coat (similar) / Top (similar) / Cami (similar) / Boots (similar)


1 comment:

  1. That's why I'm not really a fan of the question 'so what's next for you?' Although it looks like everyone has their shit together, they really don't, for the most part, we are all in the same boat. minibus hire sheffield
    minibus hire crewe
    minibus hire slough
    minibus hire norwich
    minibus hire cardiff

    ReplyDelete