My Contour& Highlight Routine

Friday 4 March 2016


Oh contouring, your average gals attempt to chisel out and sculpt some cheekbones! I have been trying to perfect my contour routine for so long, experimenting with different bronzers and brushes however I have finally found a routine that suits my skin tone, thats easy and gives my face a bit of shape. In my experience, I have found the products I use in the most unlikely places so if you aren't happy with your routine, have a dig around your current makeup collection and you might just be surprised with what you can find.

I start out with bronzing up my face, an essential step to give my face some life and colour after I have applied foundation. For this I use the Flawless Bronzing/ Blush brush, a flat top kabuki brush that seems to pick up the perfect amount of product and the shade 'Shadowplay' (The middle shade on the bottom row) from the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette. This is quite a warm brown shade which warms up my complexion when applied. I focus this colour on just under my cheek bones, on my temples and down my neck. 

One day after deciding 20 minutes in bed was more beneficial than doing my makeup (yep, it was) I packed up my makeup and decided to do it in the car. After realising that I forgot my usual contour shade I had to improvise and came across my Too Faced Natural Matte Palette. On a whim I used the shade 'Nudie' and I have never looked back since. It is the perfect shade to create a really natural shadow because it is so cool toned and isn't too dark. I use the Zoeva 110 Face Shape brush to apply it focusing on the hollows of my cheeks.

For blush, my go to is always something quite natural. Lately I have been loving the shade 'Molten' in the Sleek Blush by 3 Flame palette. Moving on to highlight, can you guess what product I use? Yep its the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. I won't bore you by rambling about my love for this product so I'll just say that I got it for Christmas and I haven't been using any other highlighter since. I usually just pop this on the tops of my cheekbones, on my brow bone and on my cupids bow, easy peasy. 

I hope you enjoyed this contour routine, what do you use to contour and highlight?

I also started a snapchat for my blog! My username is michellealicex if you want to follow me, I'll follow you straight back!

No comments:

Post a Comment