What I Read | October

Tuesday 20 October 2015


Even though I have been slacking on the reading front for the last few months, in October I got back into reading with a newish release that I have heard so much about, The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

Here is a quick overview of what it is about from 'Good Reads' because I know they'll do a much better job of describing it than me!

'Rachel catches the same commuter train every morning. She knows it will wait at the same signal each time, overlooking a row of back gardens. She’s even started to feel like she knows the people who live in one of the houses. ‘Jess and Jason’, she calls them. Their life – as she sees it – is perfect. If only Rachel could be that happy. And then she sees something shocking. It’s only a minute until the train moves on, but it’s enough. Now everything’s changed. Now Rachel has a chance to become a part of the lives she’s only watched from afar. Now they’ll see; she’s much more than just the girl on the train…'

My thoughts & opinions
This book is a mystery/ thriller, right up my street. I would describe it as a muted down, less crazy 'Gone Girl' but still including several twists and turns in the plot. I enjoyed the way it was written, through a few characters perspectives and even though sometimes one chapter was set a year before the pervious one, I found it to be easy to follow if you pay attention to the names and dates. Sometimes I found what was being said a bit repetitive but it held my attention throughout nonetheless and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this to you if you're into this particular genre and if you're looking for an easy, thrilling read!


Reading is something I really enjoy in my spare time so I am really going to try incorporate books into a monthly thing on my blog. Every month I'll just discuss what I read over the month and give you my thoughts and opinions about it. If you have any book recommendations please leave them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment