DEBS

Friday 5 September 2014

So last Monday was my debs, basically prom for those outside Ireland. A night where we all get really dressed up, get our hair and makeup done and celebrate one last time with everyone from our school year group before we head off in our different directions. Personally, I had a great night, I loved every minute of it!

As I went to a debs last year, which I wrote about here, I was very laid back about the whole process this year. I started to search for a dress and found one that I fell in love with on Fanny Crown. If you saw my post about my awful experience with the company Loving Dresses (you can check it out here), you would know that I was hesitant to order online again but I need to talk about Fanny Crown for a second. I bought from them last year and loved my dress so I ordered from them again and was again in love with my dress. What you see on the site is what you get and at the moment, it is the only evening dress site that I trust! The material is really good quality and they have so many dresses so if you are looking for an evening dress check them out! 
You can find my dress here.


My day started off with an appointment at 11 o' clock in MAC to get my makeup done. I went for a nude lip and a brown/ burgundy smokey eye which I was in love with!

Next I headed to get my hair done.. Shauna from Shauna Spain Hair Styling who is a blogger over at Flutter On By did my hair which was gorgeous! I was very wary of up styles, I didn't think they suited me at all but I loved what Shauna did with my hair. One thing that I fear about going to a hair stylist is that they won't listen to what you want but the thing I loved about Shauna was that she listened to me and took all that I had to say on board. I wanted a loose up style with lots of volume and she did just that. If you live in the Dublin area I highly recommend her services so I will leave all of her links below along with some very exciting deals she is offering!


After all that was done I headed home and got the house ready before all of the guests arrived. It was so nice having all of my friends and family together to show me off to the debs. I had such a good time and would recommend anyone that gets the chance to go, GO! It is so expensive but it can be an amazing night. I had so much fun with all of my friends and it was a great way to celebrate finishing secondary school one last time, not to mention that I won the award for 'Most likely to be a crazy cat lady'.. A huge achievement in my opinion that may make its way onto my CV!! All jokes aside, my classmates know me too well! 

I will leave you with some more pictures now, I hope you enjoyed this post.

Did you ever go to your Debs/ Prom?!










Shauna's Links:

Shauna is extending her opening offers for the month of September which I will leave below which includes a Full Head of Extensions, styled and cut for €250.




No comments:

Post a Comment