How Your Blog can Enhance Your CV

Monday 10 April 2017

As the final few weeks of college are upon me it is time to brush the cobwebs off that old CV of mine and get updating. It has been a long time since I looked for a job so when I was updating my CV I was very surprised about how my blog enhanced it. I found it tied into so many jobs that I wanted to apply for so I was very impressed that in fact, this corner of the internet can be a serious asset in a job hunt. If you are in the digital media sector like me, than the blog can be a definite deal breaker but for every sector, this post may be able to bring to light how you too can use your blog to enhance your CV.

TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS

You can run a blog while being in full time education whilst holding a part time job? Props to you girl! I couldn't even imagine holding down a full time job and running a blog at the same time but people do it and it is an amazing skill to note down.

IT SKILLS

If you have a blog and reguarly post online, you'll most likely have a good grasp of the computer and all things that come with it.. Microsoft programmes and the general workings of the web? You got this.

DIGITAL MARKETING

Now this one is quite specific but if it is a marketing job you're going for then don't hold back. From bits like SEO, Google Analytics to social media management, these blogs of ours are generally a one man show so flaunt all of the knowledge you have gained. 

COMMUNICATION SKILLS

From networking at events to working with brands, in this industry you gotta communicate! This is an essential part of the job so it is one for the CV. 

DEDICATION

If you have been sharing your opinions and talking about your interests online for a while, it shows a bit of commitment and dedication don't you think? You can be extra sometimes too!

ADVANCED DIGITAL SKILLS

Again quite a specific one and not for everyone, but myself I know I have gained skills in Adobe Software like Photoshop and even HTML skills. 

CREATIVITY

Writing, photography and all that embodies blogging holds creativity. Anything you create shows a form of creativity and so much innovation.


I hope this post was of some help but if you have any more to add, let me know them on my social media channels linked below!


No comments:

Post a Comment