My Skincare Routine & How I Cleared Up My Skin

Saturday 15 November 2014


How are we all today?! Can you believe how close it is getting to Christmas? All of the shops are so Christmassy and it has really got me into the Christmas spirit, oh and has anyone else noticed that Sky Christmas has started back up? That is definitely something to be excited about! The one thing about this time of year is that it gets sooo cold which means I need to up my game when it comes to skincare..


Since June I really haven't been happy with my skin as I felt like I constantly had breakouts, which I never had before! I have normal to slightly oily skin and up to June I would only get the odd spot every once in a while, nothing major. I don't know what happened but my skin just took a turn for the worse and I always had spots on my forehead however in the last few weeks I have sorted out my problem!

Just a few weeks ago I bought the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (a recommendation from Lizzy) from Boots for about €10 with one muslin cloth included. I've been using it every morning and night by using one pump, messaging it into my skin and removing it with my muslin cloth soaked in hot water. Although it seems like a bit of a pain having to do this every morning, I assure you it's worth it! I think this has been the only reason my skin has cleared up. I used the Boots Traditional Glycerin and Rosewater as a toner for a while but it ran out so instead I just splash cold water on my face to close my pores after I cleanse.

For moisturiser I have been using the Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser which I like  as it doesn't break me out however I want to branch out and try something new so if you have any moisturiser recommendations let me know!

I have to mention my trusty Sudocreme because whenever I break out I put a thin layer of this on my face and it clears it up in no time.


What is your favourite skincare product?!


Bloglovin / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment