Products That I Regret Buying

Wednesday 19 February 2014




Don't you just hate when a product has been hyped up to be so good and when you try it out for yourself it turns out to be a complete fail? Luckily I can say that that has only happened to me on the odd occasion which leads me on to the products that I regret buying. 


As for concealer, I need high coverage for my under eye circles and this ELF concealer palette was just not up to par. It is very drying and doesn't cover much either so it's safe to say that I was disappointed, but no worries as it was only a few euros. 


Next is this Bourjois liquid eyeliner. This claims to be ultra black and let me tell you, it was not ultra black! On its first use it was great but the second time I went to use it it was dried out and went on a horrible grey colour. Seriously Bourjois?? After one use? I definitely will not be repurchasing this product.


Now onto lips, and I can honestly say I have a pet hate for these lip products purely because of the colours, I am not critiquing the actually quality of the products here. My lips are quite pigmented and these colours just not suited to me at all! I love my Hydrate Baby Lips from Maybelline (the blue and pink one) but this colour just looks awful on me. For some reason I tend to just pick up these colours when I am in a rush and want to try them and then fully regret them when I go home, that was the case with the Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake. As for the ELF Studio Matte Lip Colour in Tea Rose, I have no excuse.


For eyes, it has to be the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yoghurt. I love these Jumbo Eye Pencils but I can't seem to find a use for this one, the colour just doesn't suit me and the looks I tend to go for. I wish I had picked up another colour instead!


Lastly I have my only high end product of the bunch and it is 'That Gal' by Benefit. I first got a sample of this in a little tube and I absolutely loved it so i had to buy the full size however once I did it just wasn't the same. I blame it on the packaging, if thats possible, but for the price I wanted to be impressed, which I really wasn't as it works pretty average and I'm sure you could find products twice as good for half the price. 


Ahh so much negativity in one post! I swear I'm not this negative all the time.

Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment