November Fitness File

Tuesday 8 December 2015

After three months of hitting the gym for the first time in my life I decided to do a round-up of what I have learned from the experience.. 

I wrote a post just like this back at the beginning of October after just one month of having a membership. I'll link the post here if you want a read so this post is just a follow up and some more tips I have (but this time with more focus on the gym!).

//DON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY THE GYM
Advice I should have taken two months ago.. Until this month I only went to classes in the gym, don't get me wrong, they were great but once you get a taste of the gym and all of the machines there is no going back! This month as only a few class times suited me and as I wanted to get more cardio in I decided to suck it up and go upstairs to the treadmill. I just found the gym to be really intimidating as everyone else seemed to be so advanced and I just didn't know how to utilise it properly. I have been feeling a whole lot better about doing more cardio and for me anyway it was really good to get back into running. At the start of the week my friend joined and showed me how to use all of the other machines (I was only sticking to the treadmill and the cross trainer) and it has changed everything. I couldn't believe that I could have been doing so much more and getting so much more out of my workout, if only if I plucked up the courage and asked a trainer for some help months ago! Moral of the story, GO ASK FOR HELP, thats what the staff are there for.

//GET A GYM BUDDY
You have no idea, gym buddies do wonders for your gym time. It'll motivate you to go on them chilly winter nights when you don't want to get off the couch knowing you're going with someone else. Plus, a little bit of competition is healthy and does wonders for your workout!

//GET SOME NEW WORKOUT GEAR
There is nothing that motivates me more than getting some new workout gear. Getting a few new bits for the gym makes you feel great when working out, for me anyway! I have been eyeing up some new gear on NIKE, Boohoo, Missguided and Forever 21 at the moment, you don't have to spend a fortune on cute gym wear!

//HAVE PATIENCE
If you are truly dedicated to a healthier lifestyle and starting to exercise in order to lose weight, you have to have patience. It can be discouraging in the first few weeks not to see results but it takes time and when you start seeing results it is so worth it and so motivational!

Bloglovin / Twitter / Instagram

Source: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment