Sephora, CVS & MAC Haul | August 2016

Friday 2 September 2016

Even though being home from sunny San Diego about a week is quite depressing, there is nothing better to cheer me up than new makeup. Being broke all the time was tough when Sephora was on my door step for three months, however I made sure to put some money away to splurge towards the end of the trip. 

The Essentials 
Of course I had to stock up on some of my holy grail makeup products while I could. As they were right on front of me and cheaper than normal it would have been rude not to! I picked up a new Beauty Blender because I can't do my makeup without it these days, the Anastasia Brow Whiz in Medium Brown and my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, all of my favourite products.

BASE
I picked up two primers as I wanted to branch out a bit from my Benefit Porefessional, the first being the Becca Ever- Matte Poreless Priming Perfector which is a similar concept to Benefit primer.  While at the checkout, I was offered a mini of the Too Faced Hangover Primer in exchange for points. I jumped at the chance of getting it because it was on my list anyway and as it was a miniture version it gave me a great chance to try it out. So far so good too, I have been loving it so far and I much prefer it to the Becca primer that I bought! Next I bought another corrector just to try something new. I got the Naked Skin Corrector in Pink which really brightens up under my eyes. The formula is the same as the Naked Skin Concealer which I have yet to try however I can't wait to get my hands on it and some other shades of the Naked Skin Correctors! To set everything I bought a mini of the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. I've been loving this as it does a great job in setting my face and under eyes as well as baking while not giving you flash back in photos. Just as a multi purpose product I picked up the MAC Fix Plus Spray which I have been wanting to try for a long time along with the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.

CHEEKS
In an attempt to try and expand my blush collection, I bought the Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore. I really liked the formula of these blushes but I just wasn't a fan of the colour I had. I was looking for a similar colour to MAC's MSF in Stereo Rose that is discontinued and I think I found a pretty good dupe! On a whim I bought the mini version of the Nars Orgasm and Laguna Duo which I was very disappointed in. I've heard people saying that this is their holy grail product which I don't understand at all! For $24 you don't even get good pigmentation, you're just paying for the name to be honest! 


EYES
I tried to be as refined as I could with regards to eyeshadow, I don't need anymore palettes but I couldn't resist this Anastasia Beverly Hills single eyeshadow in Truffle Glitter. I wore this shade all over my lid in one of my latest Instagrams, you can see it in action here! On the Sephora website this shade is described as a titanium brown with burgundy glitter.  Although I wanted to try more I held myself back, especially after buying this MAC Pro Palette with room for 9 eyeshadows. I had never seen this before in Ireland so I got very excited when I saw this and I knew I had to have it! For lashes, my favourites have to be the Ardell Demi Whispies and the Naturals so I picked up a packet of each of them. For eye brows, I had to pick up the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Medium Brown and it has quickly become one of my holy grail products. It lasts all day and makes your brows look nice and full.  

LIPS 
I bought one lip product in the US but it is one that I can't get enough of! I got the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow n Arrow. This is the perfect everyday slightly darker nude which I have been loving. If you are ever going to the states, make sure to pick up one of the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, the formula is so so good. 

Well wasn't this a long one! I hope you enjoyed reading about what I bought while in America, I wish I was still there spending my days strolling down the boardwalk and shopping in Sephora but don't all good things come to an end. Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?!




No comments:

Post a Comment