What's in my Makeup Bag | J1 Edition

Tuesday 31 May 2016

I can't believe that tomorrow I jet off to San Diego! I'm so excited for the three months ahead already and it is almost here. Today I thought I would share with you what makeup I brought with me. My overdramatic self would say 'but what if you desperately need that dewy medium coverage that Nars Sheer Glow gives you?!' but I had to shut myself down and (try) keep it minimal (Did I keep it minimal? Nope).

I made a quick checklist of items that you may want to bring with you:
  • Tinted moisturiser- for everyday wear.
  • A higher coverage foundation.
  • Concealer.
  • Brow product.
  • Primer.
  • One or two blushes.
  • Bronzer.
  • Highlighter.
  • One or two neutral eyeshadow palette (a tough decision for makeup lovers, I know)
  • Eyeliner.
  • Mascara.
  • Lip products (One or two bold and one or two natural).
  • Setting Spray/ Powder.
  • Miscellaneous- Tweezers, eyelash glue, cotton pads, cotton swabs, tape for eyeshadow, etc. 
Now lets move onto what I'm bringing (lol at the fact that I didn't stick by my own list)..

 BASE
I am bringing along the newest edition to my makeup collection, my Nars Tinted Moisturiser which I am very excited to try. I'll be wearing this as my everyday base as I wanted something lighter for during the day. For heavier coverage I'm bringing my MAC Studio Fix Fluid in two shades (I know I know), I swear I need them both!! Aaand for a medium coverage I am bringing my Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation- a product you have to buy if you're heading stateside anytime soon. Primer wise, I have my L'Oreal Lumi Magique and my Benefit Porefessional as always. To cover my bags I have included my MAC Pro Longwear concealer along with my Tarte Corrector. I also have my Makeup Forever HD Loose Powder to set everything and my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz for my brows.

CHEEKS
For a highlighter I have Champagne Pop as it is the best and my Topshop Glow Pot in Polished. I am throwing in my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz too incase I want more of a glowy bronzer. As for blush, I have my Sleek blush palette. For a cream contour, my Smashbox contour sticks are coming along too.

EYES
Probably the hardest decision of the lot but I settled on my UD x Gwen Stefani Palette, my UD Smokey palette and my Two Faced Natural Eyes Matte palette because it is just so versatile. I brought my MAC quad too with the shades 'Woodwinked', 'Nylon', 'Sumptuous Olive' and 'Antiqued' because I have nothing else like them in my collection. For mascara I have my Benefit Roller Lash.

LIPS
Well this was a struggle.. The lipsticks I chose in the end were Russian Red, All Fired Up and Whirl from MAC, Glastonberry from Charlotte Tilbury and Dolce K and True Brown K from Kylie Cosmetics. 

Don't forget to follow me on my social media below to keep up with my San Diego adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment