What I Read | January

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Something that I have really got back into over the last few years is reading. I used to always have my head stuck in a book when I was younger but I seemed to lose interest when I hit secondary school however I slowly but surely got back into it.

I have decided to do a monthly 'What I Read' post on my blog so I can share with you what books I'm reading, along with a mini review.

At the start of the month I began to read 'Love, Rosie' by Cecelia Ahern (previously published as 'Where Rainbows End'). I have been dying to read this ever since seeing the movie back in October, which was brilliant (and can we appreciate how beautiful the cast is?! Lily Collins, Sam Claffin and Suki Waterhouse are all fabulous!) 

The story is about Rosie Dunne and Alex Stewart who had been best friends since they were children. Life then gets in the way of their friendship and relationship as Alex and his family had to move to Boston and Rosie is stuck in Dublin. The story follows the pair as they grow up and keep in touch through letters and instant messages.

I don't feel I did the book any justice at all, so if you want a better synopsis you can find one here

I really did enjoy this book even though I never tend to read romance novels. I am in two minds about the format of the book. I did think that as it was written through letters and instant messages it was surprisingly easy to follow and held my interest however at times I was a bit annoying. 

Overall I did enjoy this book and would recommend it as a light, easy, soppy read!

Have you read this book? If so what did you think of it? What did you think of the movie adaptation? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment